Friday 7 February 2014

29 Faces Day 7


I came across a paperback book in the library entitled Daisy Miller by Henry James. I was immediately captivated by the beautiful, petite figure on the front cover and decided to use it as my inspiration for today's challenge.

Using watercolours in my sketchpad, I really enjoyed this, I loved the elegant lines and feminity of it.


Let me introduce you to .........Daisy Miller



Suppose I better read the book now that I have painted it!

Here is a round-up of my faces so far (Day 1 is absent because I only came across the challenge on the 2nd)







4 comments:

  1. daisy miller looks a very sophisticated lady, a lovely delicate painting,I like the way you have picked out her sash and concentrated on her expressive eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy is very chic ! Let us know if you read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had missed the man in blue, and find him interesting. I'm sure I see him, or certainly people like him, when I go out into a large town or city.
    Your Daisy painting is lovely, I like the Art Deco touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daisy Miller looks gorgeous...love the lines especially the sash. I also really like the face with the dove/leaves(day 3) and the doodle one. All very different types of work and all great.

    ReplyDelete