Tuesday 4 February 2014

29 faces Day 4

As I began my day this morning, my thoughts turned to who I should attempt to draw today, several people I admire floated in, and back out of my thoughts, and slowly, as my day progressed and I got busy, I realised I still had to draw a face. I was feeling uncomfortable about this and  I was already beginning to get anxious about the outcome of a drawing I hadn't even started!

A valuable technique I learnt on the creative spark course which I really enjoyed was blind contour drawing, it really helped "free me up". So, with this in mind, I thought I would go in the style of Picasso and his line drawings.  I really enjoyed the process, holding the pencil very loosely, I flowed with the lines and really sensed a joy within the lines, and I wonder if this is how Picasso felt when he created these simple, but energetic drawings. 





There is always more than one way to approach art and this is demonstrated in the  inspirational TED talk by Phil Hansen "embrace the shake"


6 comments:

  1. This is a great example of letting your creative spark flow, It has great movement and as you say 'joy' I will give the ted talk a browse and let you know what I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried this, but I will. It seems your spirit is in the work, a smiling face and elements of nature are so pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Picasso before I even read your post! I love seeing the hand and bird and face. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful Picasso-style lady, very free and relaxed. I love blind drawing, it produces such unexpected and lovely results like your perfect drawing here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so playful and charming; I like how you incorporated different shapes in the drawing with a single line.

    ReplyDelete