Sunday 2 February 2014

29 Faces Day 2

Today I found myself pencil sketching a musical hero of mine, Mike Scott. I first saw Mike Scott play live with his band The Waterboys in 1986 and I have been in a 28 year old love affair with him and his music since. I dreamt about him in the early hours of this morning and decided to attempt a pencil sketch of him from a photo which was taken in either '86 or '87.

I don't normally sketch faces as I feel I'm not very good at it, however, I have always "wished" that I could draw faces. Joining the 29 faces challenge seemed a good opportunity to stop "wishing" and start "doing", after all, practice makes perfect, right?

Here is the photo I used for reference:



8 comments:

  1. You are on your way now so just keep sketching ! You might want to draw him again at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did real well! Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a handsome guy, I have never heard his music, will look for it.You did nicely, and you are right, whatever we practice we get to do better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done a great job, and yes creating a face every day does make a difference, I am so glad you have joined the challenge, can't wait to see how you develop and blossom through the days ahead. well done for giving it a go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. btw if you turn off word verification during the challenge more people can comment, I know I often find the process of typing in those pesky numbers very frustrating :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you caught his likeness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a very good start, and it's only by constant practice that we improve.
    The most important thing is close observation.
    It will be interesting to see what you are doing by face 29.
    While one is tempted to throw away early pieces on paper, the fact they have been posted makes referring back possible oin a blog.

    ReplyDelete