Sunday 29 January 2012

A Year of Mornings Sunday 29th January 2012

I remember a few weeks ago a post I had written about creating space in my Reiki Room for maybe yoga or mediation or even both.  So I guess I surprised myself this morning whilst the rest of the house was sleeping, I managed a morning meditation and 20 minutes of Yoga.....that all seemed such a long time ago now as I write this post at 9pm.  This is spooky, because after the meditation and yoga, I read my emails. Which included an email from Hannah Marcotti on the Making Space Cleanse, today she was focussing on relaxing, that could include anthing from enjoying a cup of tea, reading, watching a movie, but we have been challenged to do 5 relaxing things - so my "relaxing" start to the day was meditation.  You would have thought that was relaxing...right?.....well, that wasn't the case for me, infact I found quite alot of resistance to the "letting go" concept I found myself with during a guided meditation I was following as part of Andrea Schroeder's Creative Dream Incubator. Resistance to letting go is not a new concept to me but during meditation - I mean, what was going on there?.....little me resisting to the wonders of the Universe - hmmm.....crazy I know. But our fears have a tendency to creep up on us sometimes when we are least expecting them.  But anyway, I digress.  I took a picture of my t-light sat on my yoga mat and I was reminded of this quote:



“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne Willamson


Me with Marianne Williamson (centre) and my friend Andrea, I had blond highlights in my hair at that time -what was I thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment