Monday 4 November 2013

Small Stones 4

My word for October was commit.  I think I am sticking with this word for November too and so I am hoping I can commit to writing a small stone each day.


What is a small stone?

A small stone is a short piece of writing that precisely captures a fully-engaged moment.

Why write small stones?
When we translate something we’ve seen or experienced into words, it is necessary to pay more attention than we usually would. A few minutes of mindful attention (even once a day) helps us to engage with the world in all its beauty.




My knitting resting in the sun
flowing with colour and pattern
Bamboo needles, waiting for hands
to play a song


If you want to find out more about small stones, visit here Mindful Writing Tool: small stones.

Visit my friend's blog Tara Leaver, she is creating beautiful word art with stones she finds on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment