Saturday 22 December 2012

Winter Solstice

We had decent weather yesterday for the Winter Solstice, by decent I mean the absence of rain.  Both myself and my cocker spaniel were suffering from cabin fever as we hadn't been out on a walk for a couple of days as the weather was so miserable. However, yesterday, we got out and about and here are a few pictures documenting my finds on a lovely Winter Solstice Photo Walk.

Rosehip


Agapanthus stem and seeds





Some kind of Bracken (I think)


You can just see a tiny red berry amongst the thorns


Coot
I love how nature reminds us that Winter is not about endings, just new beginnings being nutured over the Winter months which are not yet revealed to us. 

Thankfully the world didn't come to an end yesterday so I take this opportunity to wish you a very "Merry Christmas"





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photographs as always, Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos - love the berries and hips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the minimalism of the photos, and the muted colours with just that touch of red. Beautiful photos as always.

    Have a happy Christmas, and may 2013 be peaceful and healthy for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete