Friday 9 December 2011

Snap = Happy

I really didn't  want to go out on a dog walk today, instead I wanted to sit in the warmth of my kitchen and write Christmas Cards.  But, I braved the elements, armed with my camera, Jasper and I headed on up to the beach.

I left the Diana Mini at home and took my Panasonic Lumix Digital camera. I like digital.  It's fast and immediate and you get a real sense of connection with the camera. It feels more like the camera is an extension of yourself.  Taking pictures really gets you to work in the present, I get totally absorbed and lost in the moment. I am grateful that my dog Jasper has patience and can keep himself amused whilst I get lost in taking pictures. Walking on the beach, I noticed the top layer of sand was being whipped up, and as it twisted and twirled into a mini sand storm, I was reminded of the ever changing landscape, nothing is permanent, it always looks the same and yet it isn't - the impermeance of nature.

I signed up to SWAY by Lisa Baldwin Zen at Play.  During November I received eight ponderings, delivered by email, twice a week. I read them, pondered them, and filed them.  Then, yesterday, I got a real understanding of what it was like to SWAY, to feel the impermeance, to feel a place so vulnerable within you that you are left gasping, knowing you have a choice, to LET GO, or to hold on. 
Nature, teaches us beautifully that to LET GO is the only way of being.  I read this yesterday -
The leaves have fallen and we have choices. We can rake them into a pile and bag them or let the child within have a little fun. We can get rid of them or let nature take care of them for us. The one choice I have never seen or heard anyone make is to glue them back on the tree…

"Like the leaves, we have life experiences that have served their purpose and now have fallen from our lives; yet our temptation is to hold on and attempt to make them true for our current life; it is like trying to glue them back on. The harder we hold on to those past situations, the more stress and frustration we create in our lives.

Keep the lessons so you do not have to repeat the past and let go of what is done. Allow new situations to grow and mature like the tree budding back to life in the spring… Kenny Brixey

Every new experience allows us to grow stronger, more beautiful and more able to live our amazing lives.
Expressions of an amazing life:

A beautiful feather on the beach
Tree refected in a puddle
 
Jasper - looks like he's in a wind tunnel!
 
 Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment